Black Ops is back! The series, which has become the most played in Call of Duty history, as well as a cultural phenomenon around the globe, returns on October 12 with the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, a gritty, grounded, all-out combat experience tailored for the Black Ops community. Developed by Treyarch, Black Ops 4 raises the bar for Multiplayer gameplay with a combat experience that is more tactical and team-driven, while offering more player choice. Black Ops 4 also represents the biggest Call of Duty Zombies offering ever with three full experiences available on disc at launch.
Black Ops 4 also features Blackout, where the Black Ops universe comes to life in a massive battle royale experience featuring iconic characters, locations, and weapons from all four Black Ops games in a one-of-kind experience that is uniquely Black Ops. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 builds on the established universe played by hundreds of millions of fans with the largest gameplay experience ever created in the series.
“Black Ops 4 gives our community more ways to have fun with their friends than anything Treyarch has ever created and introduces meaningful innovations to every element of the game, including tactical team-based multiplayer, a brand-new Zombies universe and Blackout, where the largest map in Call of Duty history brings together the rich universe of Black Ops,” said Rob Kostich, EVP and GM, Call of Duty. “More than 200 million players have called Black Ops home, and they’ve played for more than 15 billion hours. This is an incredible community that has inspired the development team to take their innovative gameplay design to new heights.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 features gritty, grounded, combat, along with new levels of customization and tactical gameplay, and a variety of new weaponry, maps, and modes for the ultimate Black Ops multiplayer experience. The game features the return of the iconic Pick 10 system, along with a series of innovations in weapon controls, combat flow, health regeneration, and player movement.
This game goes deeper into multiplayer fiction, where players will explore the world of Specialists – who they are, why they exist, and what battles they fight together – while mastering their gameplay through solo and multiplayer combat experiences. Black Ops 4 features a combination of new and returning Specialists, each with their own unique weapons, equipment, and playstyles. Players will be powerful alone, but devastating as a team working together. Main Features
- Call of Duty: Black Ops four delivers three distinct modes of play - multiplayer, zombies and blackout
- Call of Duty: Black Ops four multiplayer raises the bar, delivering the most thrilling experience yet with a focus on tactical, grounded gameplay and player choice
- Specialists return in a big way: They feature a combination of new and re-imagined specialists, all of whom have distinct combat profiles and abilities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops four delivers the biggest day one zombies offering ever with three full experiences at launch: IX, Voyage of Despair and Blood of the Dead
- Blackout is a celebration of the Black Ops community, introducing a brand-new battle royale style mode steeped in the black ops universe
- In blackout, play as your favourite characters and battle through settings from the black ops universe in an all-out survival and elimination experience